Miauwwoow and welcome to Catswoppr!
Super cool and many thanks for wanting to join Catswoppr, our community of cat lovers!
Catswoppr is an online Platform for cat lovers designed to help you as a User and cat lover to search and find other cat lovers, cat owners and cat sitters to interact with.
Last updated July 27, 2021.
We declare on behalf of Catswoppr that this Policy has been prepared in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the European Union of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR]).
1.4. Agreement by Use
In any case, we do not knowingly collect personal information from people under the age of
18. If you happen to learn that your child under 18 has provided personal information to Catswoppr without your permission, please contact us immediately at email@example.com so that we may take steps to delete such information and terminate any account your child has created with us without your permission.
1.5. Change of Policy
2. Definitions (Key Terms)
Notice: all references to legal provisions that we use refer to the content of applicable laws, well including all amendments and additions made at that time.
'Platform' means the Catswoppr site www.catswoppr.io / www.catswoppr.com, including any subdomain thereof, and any other website through which Catswoppr offers its services and features to you, i.e., our mobile, tablet and other smart device applications.
'Visitor' means a person, who enters the Catswoppr Platform.
2.3. Registered Member
'Registered Member' means a person, who has completed the registration process on the Platform to create a Catswoppr member account.
'User' means both Visitor and Registered Member on our Catswoppr Platform.
'Profile' means the information provided by a User with a Catswoppr member account on the Platform about his or her or their own person.
'Cat' means domesticated feline, which is under the care of a cat owner, cat lover, cat sitter, or any other type of human caretaker of the feline animal.
‘Service’ means the service that you as a User of our Platform wish to obtain from or provide to other Users of our Platform in relation to cats, such as, among other things, babysitting, playing with, lending, grooming, combing, de-fleaing a cat, but also, for example, photographing and breeding a cat, and other types of services related to cats.
'Content' means text, images, data, software, audio, videos, information, documents, and other (audio/visual) materials.
2.9. User Content
'User Content' means Content including, but not limited to, pictures, videos, text, and reviews, which are posted on Catswoppr by a User of our Platform, or by anyone other than Catswoppr.
2.10. Third Parties
'Third Parties' means Catswoppr's third parties, i.e., third party contractors, distributors, agents, vendors, traders, and/or sponsors.
'Account' refers to a set of tools and rights assigned to you as a User of Catswoppr within a given computer system for accessing and/or using our Catswoppr Platform.
'Processor' refers to us, namely we at Catswoppr who determine the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Catswoppr.Inc. Buikslotermeerplein 9
1025 ES Amsterdam Nederland
GDPR refers to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the European Union of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
2.15. Personal Data
'Personal data' is any data that identifies you or data that relates to you (or personal information).
2.16. Privacy Rights
'Privacy rights' are your rights related to your personal data.
3. Collections of Your Personal Data
3.1. Data Collected by Our Platform
We automatically collect:
1. Your log data and device data, which is data including the IP address of the device you are using when using our Platform. But also, for example, details of how you have used Catswoppr as a Platform, the browser type or software data of the web page you visited before coming to the Platform, access dates and times, hardware and software data, device event data, unique identifiers and cookie data collected when you accessed and used the Platform, including when you do so as a Visitor and have not created an account as a Registered Member of Catswoppr. We use this log information and device information to verify that you, as a Visitor and/or User of our Platform, meet criteria required to process your requests.
2. Your Usage Data, which is data about your interaction with Catswoppr, such as the pages and content/content viewed by you on the Platform, your search and find actions, your online interactions through our Platform with other Users of Catswoppr.
4. Your payment details, which are details of your payment transactions i.e. information on the payment instrument you used to make payments via/to our Platform, the date and time of the transaction, the amount paid, the expiration date of the payment instrument and billing zip code, your IBAN details, your postal address and other money transaction related details of yours.
3.2. Information Your Provide to Us
We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily provide information directly to us when you use our Platform. This may include information you provide to us when you register for an account, fill out a form and data on our Platform, create or edit your User Profile, send messages through our Platform, correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise, subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters or other forms of marketing communications, respond to our questionnaire, enter a promotion or other feature of our Platform. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide our Services to you through our Platform to the best of our ability.
Your data necessary for use of our Platform are in any case:
1. Your account details, which are your first and last name and your email address and address.
2. Your Profile Data, i.e. the information - including for example your profile picture and your place of residence - that you provide about yourself and your needs and possible services to other Users.
3. Your location data, i.e. your place of residence.
5. Your communications with Catswoppr and Users of our Platform, which are records of correspondence/chats with other Users and other information you share with other Users through our Platform.
For the safety of Catswoppr and other Users and for transparency and fraud prevention purposes, subject to relevant legislation, we may ask you as a User to provide us with some form of governmental identification or other official information or we may perform additional checks designed to help verify your identity or background. In doing so, we will ask you to provide us with such official identification documents (including copies of an ID card or passport or driver's license) or other information.
4. Our reasons for Collecting Your Personal Data
4.1. Your Convenience
We collect and process your personal data to make our Platform function optimally for your convenience. This means that we use your personal data to improve and develop Catswoppr and to create and maintain a trusted and safe environment.
This allows us to enable you to:
1. Access and use our Platform;
2. Communicate with other Users;
3. Be able to receive our customer service;
4. Receive messages from us to you about our Services in general;
5. Receive messages from us to you about updates, security alerts and messages relating to your account in particular.
6. Receive messages from us to you asking for reviews by you about other Users;
7. Receive messages from us to you about reviews by other Users about you.
In collecting and processing your personal data, we may also:
8. Detect fraud and engage in fraud prevention;
9. Conduct security surveys and risk assessments;
10. Perform checks against data in databases and other information sources;
11. Comply with our legal obligations, such as anti-money laundering regulations;
We also collect and process your personal data to:
12. Enable, personalize, measure and improve marketing, communications and any other promotional activity by Catswoppr about our Services;
13. Provide any other service to you that is authorized by you at the time of collection and processing of personal data;
4.2. Not Without Your Consent
We will never give your personal data to third parties for direct marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
As a User of our Platform, you may opt-out of receiving marketing, communications and any other promotional activity from Catswoppr by following the relevant instructions contained in our communications on the Platform.
4.3. Anonymization and Aggregation.
We may anonymize and aggregate any personal data we collect from our Users that does not directly identify you. We use such anonymized and aggregated data to:
1. Test our IT systems;
2. Conduct user research;
3. Conduct analysis and develop new features on our Platform based on that analysis;
4. Share such anonymized and aggregated data with others..
5. Your Privacy Rights
In accordance with European Union privacy laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information or personal data that we hold:
5.1. Right to Access
The right to access your personal information. You have the right to access your personal data and know the source of the data. You also have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data, to obtain confirmation of the processing of your personal data, to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data, and to know the intended consequences of the processing of your personal data.
5.2. Right to Information
The right to be informed of: (i) the identity and contact details of the controller and, if applicable, of the controller's representative; (ii) the contact details of the Data Protection Officer; (iii) the processing purposes for which the personal data is intended, as well as the legal basis for the processing, the recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data;
(iv) the period during which the personal data will be stored and (v) whether the provision of personal data is a legal or contractual obligation or a necessary condition for the conclusion of a contract, and whether the data subject is obliged to provide the personal data and what the possible consequences are of not providing such data.
5.3. Right to Rectification
The right to obtain, without undue delay, rectification of your personal data where such personal data is incorrect or incomplete.
5.4. Right to Erasure
The right to activate the erasure of your Personal Data without undue delay, such as when the Personal Data is no longer needed in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed. As a User of our Platform, you should be aware that we keep your name and email address on a list in order to prove that we have fulfilled your request as a User. This list is kept by us from Catswoppr for a period of five (5) years. After that period, you as a User will no longer have the right to request proof of the exercise of that right.
5.5. Right to Limitation
The right to have the processing of your personal data by us restricted in certain circumstances, such as when the accuracy of your personal data is disputed by you, for a period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of your personal data.
5.6. Right to Object
The right to object to the processing of your personal data if there is a serious and legitimate reason.
5.7. Right to Withdrawal
The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
5.8. Exercise of Right
If you, as a User of our Platform, wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, you can contact us using our contact details. You can also review and edit your personal data that you have provided to us by logging into your Catswoppr account. The exercise of privacy rights is free of charge. As a User of our Platform you are always allowed to modify and/or verify your personal data through your account.
6. Storage, processing and security of your personal data
may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after you have ceased using the Services we offer. After this period, your personal data will be deleted from all our systems. We agree to store and process your personal data in the European Union.
You are required to prevent all unauthorized access to your account. You are solely responsible for the use of our Platform on your devices, your IP address and identification data, as well as for their confidentiality.
Despite the security and policy measures we implement, a foolproof level of security cannot be guaranteed by Catswoppr. Since no method of transmission or forwarding over the Internet and no method of storage is 100% secure, we at Catswoppr do not guarantee 100% absolute security.
In the event of and following the discovery or notification of a breach of security of your personal data or access to it by an unauthorized person, we will notify you if it is likely that the breach will impact your privacy.
6.3. International transfers of your personal information
The personal information we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in countries outside the jurisdiction in which you are located. Some of our service providers may process your personal information outside the European Union; these international transfers of your personal information are made in accordance with appropriate safeguards, such as the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
7. Sharing of Your Personal Data
7.1. With Third Parties
'Third parties' means Catswoppr's third parties, that is, third party contractors, distributors, agents, vendors, traders and/or sponsors.
Catswoppr may contain links to third party websites or digital resources, including, but not limited to, for example, an online payment processor. Such third party services, such as payment processing, could be subject to different terms and privacy policies. As a User of our
Platform, you agree that we are not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such third party services, or the content, products, or services available through such third party services. You agree that links on our Platform to such third-party services do not mean that we endorse such third-party services.
We have the right to share some of your personal data with third parties, our business partners, for the purpose of performing or delivering the services we offer to you on Catswoppr.
As previously stated, we do not share your personal data (except for those personal data, which are visible on our Platform) with third parties for indirect marketing purposes without consent.
7.2. With Other Users
In order to enable reservations and other interactions between you and other Users of our Platform, we may need to share certain information, including your Personal Data, with other Users, as necessary for the proper performance of the service you request from us.
8.1. Help via Cookies
8.2. Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are necessary for the operation of our Catswoppr Platform. They include cookies that, for example, allow you to log into secure areas of our Platform, or provide other features to use our Platform.
8.3. Performance Cookies
8.4. Functionality Cookies
These are cookies we use to recognize you when you return to our Platform. These cookies allow us to personalize our content on our Platform for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
8.5. Tracking cookies
These are cookies that record your visit to our Platform, the pages you visited and the links you followed. These cookies remain on the device you used after your Catswoppr session ends.
8.6. Third Party Cookies
Catswoppr may contain links to third party websites or digital resources, including, but not limited to, for example, an online payment processor. Such third party services, such as payment processing, could be subject to different terms and privacy policies. These third parties may also use their own cookies and are responsible for establishing their own cookie and privacy policies.
8.7. No Cookies
The cookies we use are designed to help you get the most out of our Platform, but if you do not wish to receive cookies, most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our website. These settings can usually be found in the "options" or "preferences" menu of your browser.
As a User of our Platform, you may block cookies by activating the appropriate browser setting. Refusing the cookies may result in you not being able to use some of the functionalities of our Platform.